You asked for it and here it is!
We now stock the Cafetto Pod Machine Descaling powder. It comes in 25 gram sachets and should be used with approximately 1 litre of water. The video above will take you through how to use it with your machine. Some machines have different settings and you may need to refer to your machine’s instructions for further details.
How to use the Cafetto descaler?
- First you want to check that you machine has no pod in the slot and that the pod tray is empty
- Open the Cafetto sachet and pour it into the Nespresso machines water tank
- Fill the water tank with approximately 1L of water (different machine models have different sized tanks)
- Put a jug or container where you would usually put your coffee mug to collect the water
- Run the empty machine to allow the diluted descaling solution flow through the machine. You can do this by repeatedly pressing the long shot button or using the machines descaling mode (check your machines manual for information regarding this)
- You will notice the water will be discolored. This is from all of the coffee residue in your machine
- Extract all of the water until the tank is empty
- Fill the tank with clean water and repeat the process of extracting the water through the machine into a jug. This will rinse the machine so that there is no descaling powder residue left
- Once the machine has been rinsed it is ready to use again
Why should you descale your machine?
Coffee grounds are messy and small and even though they are compact in our pods, some can leak from the pod into the front of your machine after extraction. Calcium and mold can also build up due to moisture from the constant water and cause issues with your machine. Descaling will clean out any coffee ground or calcium/mold deposits and keep your machine working efficiently. Ideally your machine should be descaled every few months (2-3 months) but it depends on the machine used, how often the machine is used and also the quality of the water used. If you descale regularly your machine should retain its pump pressure and also reduce the amount of water that goes into your drip tray.
Descaling your machine regularly will help it function efficiently, make your coffee taste better and extend your machines lifespan.
Have any questions?
Founder & Happiness Hero